You can now configure and set up additional fields on your WebLink Portal. WebLink originally supported a few booker fields such as the booker's first name, Last name, and Company. With this enhancement, you will be able to set up and capture further fields that are relevant to your business.
A point-of-sale Order field is an input presented to the booker during WebLink checkout. These fields will be automatically added as inputs to the Booker in the Opportunities system. However, they will only appear in portals for which they are configured to appear.
The point-of-sale Order fields may be mapped to a stock or custom field for the Contact/Account records. Upon successful registration, the values will be copied to the appropriate entities, overwriting any previous values if they exist.
How to Set up
Let’s add a new Field to a WebLink Portal. For this example, we want to enable the user to provide their Purchase Order upon checking out.
We will assume that you have already added the required custom field (see Custom Fields) and configured it to appear in the Opportunity screen (See Opportunity Layout). What is left, is to have this field displayed on the WebLink Portal so that the booker can see and fill in the needed information.
Step 1 - Add the new field to the WebLink Portal
- Go to Control Panel → Portals
- Select the Portal you want to configure Additional Fields to
- Click on the Additional Fields Tab
- Click on the Add Booker Field
- Select Invoice Purchase Order (the custom field you set up previously) Opportunity Attribute.
- Name the field, i.e., ‘Purchase Order’. This is the label the user will see and interact with on the WebLink Portal
- Hit Save
- That's it, the field is now available in the WebLink Portal.