What Are Workplaces in Administrate?
Workplaces in Administrate allow you to group multiple locations into one Workplace. This is primarily used for Instructor management when scheduling events and mass filtering when looking at resource or availability calendars.
- When administering training locations, Administrators can group multiple locations together into all the places an Instructor could feasibly work (e.g. Edinburgh and Glasgow as they are commutable).
- When administering Instructors, Administrators can set the places Instructors can work.
- When creating Events from a Course, Administrators will only see Instructors matching the Event Location selected within a Workplace
- When viewing the Availability Calendar, Administrators will be able to focus only on Instructors who can work in a particular location.
- When creating Automatic Registration Rule logic, Workplaces can be selected to indicate which of your students are affected by a given automatic registration rule.
How Do I Set Up Workplaces?
Note: You must be a Super User to set up a Workplace
- Click on Control Panel
- Click on Regions, Locations, Countries
- Click on the Workplaces tab
- Click Create Workplace
- Give your Workplace a name
- Click on Locations - you can add as many locations as you like (you must have the locations already set up in the system)
- Click OK
How Do I Use Workplaces?
Workplaces can be used in a variety of areas on the platform
You can set which Workplaces your instructors are eligible for in their Contact record. You are able to assign them more than one Workplace
Having set this, it now means when you are creating an event you will see instructors that are associated with a location as part of the Workplace
This is an alternative method to ensuring only certain instructors can be added to events under certain Courses. The other method is to add Approved Instructors under the Course Template.
You can now filter your calendar on the Workplace. This enables you to see multiple locations defined by your organization and quickly see what effect that has on scheduling instructors or otherresources.