With Automatic Registration, Administrators can create registration rules to assign new or existing contacts with selected job roles and workplaces to be automatically added to one or many learning paths. This saves time often required to add learners to your learning paths while also ensuring your employees are trained on the correct required set of training.
NOTE: Automatic Registration rules begin processing every 5 minutes; depending on the number of affected contacts, this may take a few minutes to run.
- Click the blue Create Rule button to open the Create Registration Rule page.
- Under Details, name your Registration Rule. We recommend using a descriptive name that describes the rule you are creating.
- Select one or more Job Roles or check "All Roles" to specify which contacts with those job roles will be automatically registered to the Learning Paths.
- Select one or more Workplaces or check "All Workplaces" to specify which contacts with those workplaces will be automatically registered to the Learning Paths.
- Click Submit.
Your new Registration Rule will now be shown as draft on the table of Registration Rules.
- Click the blue Add Learning Paths button to open the Add Learning Paths dialog box.
- To search for the correct Learning Paths that you would like to register students to automatically, use the Name or Category filters and select the blue Apply Filters button.
- Select one or more many Learning Paths using the checkboxes in the table.
- Click the blue Add Learning Paths button.
NOTE: If “Require Event selection for Course Objectives” is checked on the learning path, the learning path will not be available for automatic registration.
The Registration Rule will be in Draft mode until you Publish it.
- Click the blue Publish button which will open the Publish Rule dialog box.
- If you do NOT select the optional 'Run rule for existing contacts' then only new contacts that are added with the job role or workplace criteria specified in the rule will get assigned the learning paths.
- If you do select the optional 'Run rule for existing contacts' the existing number of contacts specified with the matching criteria will be added to the learning paths.
- Click the blue Publish button.
- Click on the row of the Registration Rule you wish to edit or click on the three dots at the end of the row and select View Details to open a dialog box.
- On the Details screen, select the blue Edit button to change the name, job roles or workplaces
- Click Submit to save your changes.
- On the Details screen, click the blue Add Learning Paths button to add additional learning paths. NOTE: you cannot remove Learning Paths from an active registration rule.
Only Registration Rules in draft mode can be deleted.
- Click on the three dots at the end of the row of the Job Role you wish to delete to open the "Are You Sure" confirmation dialog box.
- Click OK on the dialog box (or Cancel if you don’t wish to continue with the deletion).
Your Registration Rule will now be removed from the table of rules on the Automatic Registration list page.