We've compiled a list of GraphQL resources that we use internally and find really valuable.
What is GraphQL and how does it work?
Many of our employees in non-technical roles have been able to work through this tutorial and learn to use our API on their own!
Is there any way for me to visualize the Administrate API schema?
One of the best features of GraphQL is that the data is completely structured, so it's easy to visualize the connections between different types of records. It's possible to generate an interactive "map" which looks something like an entity relationship diagram.
Follow these easy steps:
- Go to the free GraphQL Voyager tool online
- Click "Change Schema"
- Click the "Introspection" tab
- Click "Copy Introspection Query"
- Go to our Developer Portal and paste the query into the "Editor" section of the page, then click "Run".
- Copy all of the text from the "Results" section.
- Paste this result into the "Paste Introspection Results" text box and click "Display".
What other Administrate specific resources are available?
We've mentioned our Developer Portal a couple times, but it's not just for documentation. Here you can sign up for a free account and learn our API in a safe test environment. Additionally, we have tutorials for some common needs within the API.