What is Zoom?
Zoom is a tool for remote meetings enabling instructors and learners to interact in a virtual meeting environment. A common solution for Virtual Instructor Led Training (VILT), Zoom is rapidly growing in popularity for teaching across geographic locations due to the ease of use and quality provided by the platform.
What is the Zoom integration?
The Zoom integration leverages Administrate's Add-ons system, which allows a user to click a button in the TMS and "push" event, sessions, students, and other details to an external system.
With Zoom, this integration automates setting up Zoom events using existing information in the Administrate TMS. A walkthrough can be found in the attached PowerPoint file.
- You will need a pro account or higher with Zoom.
- With a user that has the Owner or Administrator role, log into Zoom.us and look under the Advanced section for "Zoom for Developers"
- In the upper right corner of the screen, click on your name and choose the option "Developer Account" from the menu.
- In the form for Application Details, fill in your name, email address and a name like "Administrate Zoom Integration" (The naming will not affect the integration). Check the box for Web/API next to the App Platforms section.
- In the API tab, generate the API keys. You will need to provide this API key and API secret to Administrate to configure the integration.
Administrate TMS Configuration
If you are ready to turn on the Zoom integration, simply contact Support. They will enable the integration for you, and will ask the Zoom API keys credentials above, and the Administrate API credentials you will use. When this is done, you will notice a new button will appear under the "Add-ons" menu in the Events screen called "Sync with Zoom". This is the button you will use to sync relevant event details.
Using your integration
1. Create your Event.
2. Add the relevant Administrators and Instructors. The first Administrator added will be the primary host for the meeting. All additional Administrators and Instructors with a Zoom login under the same customer's Zoom account will be added as co-hosts. If no Administrators are added, the Primary Instructor will be the Host, and additional instructors will be Co-Hosts.
3. Click "Sync with Zoom". Your Zoom event will be automatically created using the details from your Administrate event. Any Personnel from the Administrate event with a Zoom account will be added as described in step 2 and can start the meeting at the appropriate time. When you refresh the screen, you will see the URL for the Zoom meeting appear in the external notes field.
5. Teach your course! Your Instructor and Students will log into Zoom when the class opens and enjoy all the great virtual meeting features Zoom has to offer!
6. Remember, if any other details change, like the title, the Instructors and Administrators used as co-hosts, just click "Sync with Zoom" again, and both systems will stay in sync.
What should I check if I encounter an error when syncing?
- Check to see if the number of students on the Event in Administrate exceeds your Zoom meeting size limit.
- Make sure that at least one of the Administrators or the Primary Instructor Instructor has a Zoom account with the same email address as the email address on their contact record.
- The Zoom account connected must be at least a paid plan in order for the integration to work. Check your account and look for the account type.
Why does the meeting say "Recurring" in Zoom?
Recurring meetings in Zoom mean that the same Meeting ID can be used multiple times. This is defaulted on all meetings generated by the integration, as it offers greater flexibility across different event types and schedules and more convenience for presenters opening the meeting.