A Learning Management System is a tool designed to facilitate the administration, documentation, tracking, reporting, and delivery of online learning. Also called “e-learning”, the software provides a virtual classroom environment for trainers and training organisations that can be used by delegates to complete training courses.
Any organisation that provides training could make use of an LMS, particularly those organisations that:
- Need to provide lots of on-demand training to low numbers of students (thus making e-learning a much lower cost and efficient training avenue).
- Provide classes our courses that are particularly well suited to e-learning such as employee initiations or internal training.
- Want to expand their business or offerings beyond their current geographic footprint.
- Want to serve markets in languages that aren’t spoken by the trainers.
- Want to design, build, and sell online content to other training organisations.
We know there’s no shortage of Learning Management Systems out there, but there are some key differences between our offering and others out there:
- Administrate LMS is built to deeply integrate with the course management and training management functions of Administrate.
- Administrate LMS is a lower cost option than many LMS offerings out there.
- Administrate LMS provides extremely advanced customisation options that aren’t typical on many platforms.
The LMS can play SCORM Compatible content, usually videos and quizzes, with score and progress feedback as appropriate. You can upload other document types for distribution to your students, and provide links to external resources.
SCORM stands for Shareable Content Object Reference Model and is a collection of standards and specification for web based e-learning. From Wikipedia: “It defines communications between client side content and a host system called the run-time environment, which is commonly supported by a learning management system. SCORM also defines how content may be packaged into a transferable ZIP file called ‘Package Interchange Format’”. Read more from Wikipedia here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sharable_Content_Object_Reference_Model
To take full advantage of the student progress tracking, scoring, and rich media features of the LMS, you’ll want to use Shareable Content Object Reference Model (SCORM) compatible content. Other document formats are supported, and while any format of document can be uploaded and distributed to delegates via the LMS, the delegate must have the correct software application installed on their local machine to open the file type that uploaded. For example, a PDF reader must be installed to open a .pdf file
You’ll need to use SCORM authoring Software such as Articulate Storyline, Adobe Captivate, iSpring Present to name just a few.
Administrate LMS supports the following SCORM standards:
- SCORM 1.2
- SCORM 2004
Any SCORM content authored using HTML5 (not Flash) will work on the iPad or other iOS devices like the iPhone. Flash based content will not work due to Flash not being available on those devices.
No, at the point of scheduling you can decide whether the event is to be held in a classroom or online
Yes, we offer in depth customisation options, please see our LMS Getting Started Guide
Yes, the delegate upon login is directed to the home screen where they can select the course from the list they are subscribed to.