The Event Workflows page lets you pre-configure Tasks that are routinely conducted within your organization for each Event. For example, if you always check that payment for an Event has been received 14 days after it ended. Setting up default tasks will save you from repeatedly entering the same Tasks for every Event and ensure you don’t forget anything.
Task Workflows can be applied to Course templates so they automatically pull through to events, or ad-hoc on individual events.
You can pick and choose which Tasks should be used for each Event, so it’s best to set as many Tasks (in your busiest scenario) and just pick the ones you need when it comes to applying the Workflow to an Event.
- Using the form select the task type and then enter a full description, this will become the title of the task.
- You can then select a Default Assignee from the drop down that displays the system users.
- Next enter a short description for where the task description will appear truncated.
- Enter an amount in the Days column. This is the amount of days either before or after the event/invoice/payment date where the task will be due. For days post event, enter a positive amount. For days pre-event, enter a negative amount (e.g., -7).
- For public events, a negative ‘days’ figure will apply before the event starts, a positive figure will apply after the event ends.
- For in-house events, the event start date is used, regardless of the sign of the number.
To edit an existing Event Workflow simply click on the row, make changes as required then update. Alternatively you can delete the Event Workflow or abort the changes you have made. Deleting an Event Workflow will delete all open tasks related to that workflow.