Include Session Schedule in Event Widget
Users should be able to see the full session schedule including start and end dates, start and end times, and location prior to registering for a course. One possible approach would be to offer a "View Schedule" link on the event table for each multi-session event. Another approach could be to make the event start date a clickable link that presents the user with the detailed schedule.
Use case scenario:
We offer many multiple-day courses that span weeks, months, and sometimes years. At any given time we could be marketing several events for the same course. The events have different session schedules and potentially different locations. We need registrants to see the detailed session schedule prior to registering so they can select the event that aligns with their availability.
Here’s an example:
- BOC Level I is 16 sessions offered over 12 or more weeks. At any given time, we could be marketing 3 to 4 upcoming BOC LI cohorts.
- We utilize social media, direct mail, print ads, email campaigns, etc. to market our BOC Level I certification program to facilities professionals in 7 different states and drive prospects to our website to complete the registration process.
- Our communications promote the value of the training and direct prospects to our website to register for an upcoming cohort that suits their work schedule and location preference.
- Once they hit the course details page, they are presented with a table of upcoming events. The table only includes the event start and end dates/times.
- This table doesn't show the 14 other schedule segments that the learner will be required to attend.
- The user should be able to see the full session schedule prior to registering.
Not being able to show the session schedule for each event on the course details pages significantly hampers our ability to effectively market these courses. It requires that all of our marketing collateral and campaigns include detailed schedules, which isn't always possible.
Please sign in to leave a comment.