Improvements to the iCal invite attachment (Event and Session)
It would be nice to have some improvements to the iCal invites that the students receive:
- Could there be “hard returns” after each item/merge field in the body? It’s all just one long run-on line of text.
- The Location at the top of the invite is always the Location Name – it should be the Venue Name if a Venue is selected in the Event.
- If it is a Virtual event, it should just say “Virtual Event” or “Virtual” instead of the Location Name since it’s not at a location. Also in our case, since we are a global organization we have goofy names for our virtual locations, such as “Australia Virtual” or “Switzerland Virtual German”, which makes absolutely no sense to the students, so they shouldn’t see those.
- The Location Name also appears in the body of the invite. The same above should apply, it should display the venue name or “Virtual Event”, not the Location Name. (Currently the Location Description field is showing, but I put in a ticket to get that fixed.)
- The Start and End times at the top of the invite are “my time zone” as the student. That is great that it is converted. But in the body it shows the start time in the time zone of the event. I think in the body it fine that it shows the Event time, but I think the Time Zone should be added, such as “Europe – London (UTC+00:00)”. In some cases, the student may be traveling to this different time zone to attend a classroom training, so having it documented in the body with the time zone would be helpful.
- Maybe End Date/Time w time zone should be added to the body since start date time is there.
Someone posted here in July that it would be nice to be able to Customize these. That would be a good option. Then each company using your solution can have what they want and the way they want it. And even being able to insert custom fields would be great.
Please sign in to leave a comment.