A job role is the function you fill within your organization. A Contact may have more than one job role at at a given time or can change job roles in the future. Assigning a Contact a Job Role from a structured list prevents typos and inconsistencies, plus improves reporting on the type of training required for different job functions.
You can manage your list of available Job Roles in the Control Panel.
Note: Job Title is a free text field on the contact for your unique job title that you may have on your business card and may be different than the Job Role. As an example, my job title might be Senior Manager of Product Strategy while my job role may be Product Management.
The Primary Job Role field shows under the Contact's Details.
When creating a New Contact, the Primary Job Role field allows you to select from the list of available options as defined by Job Roles in the Control Panel.
After the Contact is created, you will need to use the Job Roles table below the Contact Details to manage the Primary Job Role. You do this by using the "Make Primary" action from the Job Roles table. Only one Job Role on a contact can be primary. The status can either be Active or Inactive based on the start and end dates for that role.
If the contact fills more than one Job Role, you can 'Add Job Role' to associate additional Job Roles. Also, if the contact's Job Role is changing in the future, you can add an end date on the current Job Role and a start date in the future on the new role and that will mark the job role active or inactive.
- Navigate to the Contact and scroll below the Details to the Job Roles table.
- Click 'Add Job Role'.
- Select the Job Role from the list of available options as defined by Job Roles in the Control Panel.
- Select a Start Date for this role.
- Optionally fill in the Line Manager or End Date fields.
- Click on the job role row in the table or use the at the end of the Job Roles row and select 'Edit'.
- Update the job role as required.
- Click ‘Save’.
- Click on the job role row in the table or use the at the end of the Job Roles row and select 'Delete'.
- Click ‘Delete’ to remove that job role from that contact.