Released between 14:00 and 15:00 UTC
We feel the need. The need for speed...
If you read one set of release notes in 2017, this is the one. Hold on tight, because we're bringing speed. The major launch is your new, faster Event List, but read on for some further improvements to your Event Creation/Editing experience.
New Event List
- The Event List now loads noticeably faster (for customers with lots of data, as much as 10 times faster!).
- The filters you set will be remembered when on the same computer - no need to waste time setting up similar filters over and over, and you’ll more easily be able to pick up where you left off.
- You can view and interact with the screen during loading, due to the improved table loading indicator.
- The page layout and design has been tidied up, so you can focus more easily on the parts you care about.
- It’s easier to scan the table now that row sizes are equal (want to see more? Just expand the cell).
- The date format is easier to read at a glance, making it easier to see where one month ends and another begins. There is now a 'no results' state.
- Mobile usability has greatly improved, with layout adapting well to mobiles and tablets.
- Alongside all this we’re adding more and more to the Administrate API, meaning things will become speedier and more flexible to your custom needs.
Other Features and Fixes
- To speed up your Session Editing, you can now save and go directly to the next session in the list.
- To save you time when adding Students, opening the add student modal is now faster. Plus, the contact field is already activated, so you can immediately start typing without having to click.
- To save you time in Event Setup, now when you select a Location we will pre-populate Region (on Private events), Tax Type and Time Zone (early adopters) with the defaults for that Location. You can still edit these if you wish, and fields will not be pre-populated if already set. The layout of these fields has been rearranged to reflect this behaviour.
- When cancelling events, the associated Resource bookings will now be removed (and you will be warned of this).
- Previously Resource bookings weren’t being removed when a session was deleted - now these Resources are freed up when the session is deleted.
- In Reports, the sum of two whole numbers was being displayed as a decimal number (e.g. 2.0 students). This has now been fixed.
- When viewing the Edit Permissions folder in the DMS, the Permissions field was difficult to read. It’s now crystal clear.