This is the documentation for Administrate’s legacy Events system. Please refer to our updated Events documentation for the current system.
Administrate provides various tools to help you communicate and record information with the delegates (students) on your events:
|Sign-In Sheet:||A simple printed form that lists your delegates and requests their signature for attendance.|
|Event evaluation/survey that can be printed and issued to your delegates.|
|Tool for entering the results received from your evaluations which are then combined to provide averages for the event and instructor.|
|Event Scores:||A function for recording scores or data against an event such as # of passes, # of fails.|
|Record which delegates attended on which days.|
|Print or email certificates for all delegates.|
|A blank register that can be printed and completed by your instructor to import delegates to the event (In House Training events only)|
|Send Register Email:|
|Send the delegate register by email to your instructor (IHT events only)|
Note - Some of these options are only available once the event has commenced.
Click the link to load the Sign-In Sheet. This will open as a PDF and you can then select print.
Please contact us should you wish to change the 2 column headings prior to the signature column.
Click the link to load the Evaluation Form. This will open as a PDF and you can then select print.
Please contact us should you wish to change the content of the evaluation form.
To enter the results of the evaluation forms collated from your delegates:
- Click ‘Evaluation Results’.
- Click ‘Enter results for a form’.
- Select the delegate from the evaluation form you wish to input or leave as anonymous.
- Select the radials or enter comments as per the results obtained.
- Click ‘Save Results’ and repeat for each form.
Click ‘View Summary of results’ to view the average scores and all comments on the web page or click ‘View summary PDF’ to view as a PDF document.
Click ‘View instructor report’ to see the results that the instructor has received for that course for the questions posed in the instructor section of the evaluation form. The instructors results are also summarised within the Instructor tab within their contact screen.
You can create an Event Score template to record scores against an Event overall rather than a delegate. You can query the entered scores using the event filters and export scores from that event to Excel.
- Click Events -> Course Templates, select a course and in the top right hand side of the screen click ‘Event Template’.
- Create a new template with a name and description
- Decide the field types that you wish to record data against from either Check box, Date, Number or String.
- Give each field added a name, this will be used later to query the results
The template is now created and can be allocated against any of your courses. To do this open the course you wish to allocate the template against and select ‘Event Template’, choose the appropriate template from the drop down list and select ‘Save’.
Now if you navigate to a scheduled event of the course type that the template was allocated to you can add the Event Scores by clicking ‘Edit Event Scores’. Enter the data in the fields and click Save.
To report against multiple events navigate to Events and use the filter system. Here you can use the Event Entity to query results from any of the fields you’ve added.
Track which delegates attended which days by clicking ‘Edit Delegate Attendance’. Click in the boxes and save changes.
Attendance is summarised on the event screen and can be filtered upon using the contact filters.
If recording attendance for a Multi-Session event the attendance is recorded against the session and summarised from the parent event.
You can create a delegate score template to record scores against a delegate when they attend an event. These scores will be stored against the delegate and recorded in the event history section of the contact screen. In addition you can query the entered scores using the contact filters and export scores that a delegate receives to excel.
Delegates Scores templates are created against individual courses.
To add a new delegate score template:
- Click Events -> Course Templates and select the Course in which you want to create a score template against.
- Select Add Delegate Template using the button at the top of the page.
- Give your template a name and for each column in which you wish to record scores enter the name of the column and select how the data should be stored (Text, Check box, Date).
- By choosing ‘Highlight’ the score when entered will be visible in the Delegate Table of the Event Screen and the Event History Table of the Contact Screen (If you have many columns you may wish to be selective about which scores are displayed at a glance as all scores are visible within the Delegate Score form itself).
- Select ‘+ Column’.
- Repeat for each column that you require and Save Template.
To record delegate scores:
- Navigate to the Event, if the Event has commenced you will be able to see the ‘Edit Delegate Scores’ link in the Event Details Resources section.
- Choose the template to apply to this event, Note: multiple templates can be created against a course but only 1 can be applied to an event.
- If you have delegates registered to this event you’ll be able to enter the scores in the columns you created, once done save the scores.
You can export these to excel should you wish. Using the Contact filters you can now filter by the Delegate Entity to query the results that have been entered.
This function enables you to generate certificates for all delegates registered on the event. Certificates can be printed or emailed. If choosing to email the certificate will be attached as a PDF. You can edit the content of the email by editing the ‘Delegate Certificate’ system email.
A default certificate template is provided however if you wish to customise this please see how to here: Additional Services .
To generate certificates:
- Click ‘Generate Certificates’
- Edit the event details and delegate details if required.
- Click ‘View Certificates’ to open as PDF’s to print or ‘Send Certificate Emails To...’ to send by email.
You may find this useful if you run In House Training (IHT) events but don’t know the names of the delegates attending until after the event has commenced. Using the new feature you can email the instructor the attendance register, this is then returned and uploaded to the event screen.
Delegates can either be considered ‘imported’ - this means a contact record will not be created yet certificates can still be generated or Delegates can be converted to full contacts. Full contacts will be added to the database under the IHT account name, the full benefits of having the contact within the database can then be utilised e.g. recording scores, entering evaluation form results and sending event emails.
- From the IHT event screen resources section you can download the delegate register and print, alternatively, send the register to the instructor via Email, this will add the delegate register to the email as an attachment.
- Modify the register by editing the ‘Delegate Register’ system email.
- The instructor can then populate the register during the event, ready for importing to Administrate afterwards.
- In the delegates table ‘Import Delegates’ and navigate to the saved file.
- Confirm the import.
- Delegates are now added in the ‘Imported’ state - no contact record has been created yet.
- To covert these delegates to full contacts simply click on the convert icon, alternatively, remove the delegate if they are not required.