The Stock Management System has been designed to manage inventory of stock items, allowing orders of stock to be placed, recording actual deliveries, shipping stock items via the invoice screen and produce accurate stock counts.
Before continuing please ensure that you have at least 1 item configured as stock in your items section.
- In the Financial Menu, select ‘Stock Ledger’ and ‘Open New Stock Account’.
- Select the Company and the Region of the stock account and click Create, you can now create orders.
- The stock level is currently zero so click ‘View’ and then Adjust Stock.
- Choose the appropriate Adjustment Type (Transfer, Order..) We’ll assume we have no stock to transfer so select ‘Supplier Order’. Search for the stock item you wish to order, enter order date, quantity of order and the supplier you are making the purchase from, add a comment then save.
- We now have a quantity of pending items on order, click on the pending link and confirm as a supplier delivery. We now have items in stock and are able to ship our items.
- Create an Invoice and add the Items to the invoice, note the Stock Status ‘Pending Allocation to Shipment’.
- Check your Unshipped Orders Report in the Financial Menu. You will see a row containing the items you have sold but not yet shipped. This report is a useful reminder to ship items that were previously out of stock.
- Return to your invoice and In the Actions section select ‘Ship Stock’, select the quantity you wish to ship and the delivery method, the Create Shipment(s).
- We can now return to the stock account to ensure the balance has been adjusted, we can tick ‘Include Sales / Credits’ to show the transaction we just completed.
- It may be the case that a customer wishes to return an order, we can manage this from the Sales Invoice Screen. On the item row click on the link for ‘Shipped..’, select how the customer has returned the items and ‘Create Return(s)’.
- We can return to the Stock Account again to check that the stock has been returned and the stock balance has been updated.
- Should you need to edit the balance of the stock account please select the appropriate adjustment type from the drop down, please use the definitions provided to select the appropriate adjustment type.
- At the end of your trading period you may want to close down the stock account, to do so you must ensure the balance of that stock account is zero. Either create a transfer of stock to another stock account to achieve this or return the stock to supplier