Promo Codes – Legacy
Note: This feature is being replaced by Promo Codes.
Promo Codes can be added to your Sales Invoices to offer discounts or commissions to your Partners.
To set up Partners
Promotional Codes can be used on any Event. If a Promotional Code is abused, then you should set the Promotional Code to Dormant and create another one.
In the Partner tab of the Account screen, the Promotional Code section is at the bottom of the page. You can see an overview of all the Promotional Codes that are Active. Click Show Dormant Codes to show expired Promotional Codes.
You can see a full view of all your Promotional Codes by navigating: CRM → Partners → Promotion Codes
You need to have Created a Partner in order to give them a Promotional Code. If you only need to use the Promotional Code for your own organisation, then make the Account that is linked to your Company as a Partner.
Go to the Account screen of your designated Partner who’ll offer the Promo Code to be used by customers (or your own Account, if you’ve set yourself up as one)
Click on the Partner tab
In the Promotional Code section, click Add New Promotional Code
Enter a Code: this is a promotional code in itself
Enter a Discount: this is a value applicable to the Type (see below)
- Select a Type, this will treat the above value as a:
Percentage: a calculated discount on all applicable items on an Invoice, e.g., 20%
Percentage Based on Delegates: applicable to the WordPress Plugin and WebLink when your customer adds a minimum number of students (you will be asked for this number if you select this option), e.g., 20% off for when 3 or more Students are added (see screenshot below)
Enter the Commission: the amount as a percentage your Partner should receive for sales (Enter 0 if this is not required)
Enter a Caption: describe the Promo Code
Your Promotional Code added can now be added to Sales Invoices in the Promo Code field. The Promo Code and its value will be shown on the Invoice if it relates to a Discount, but not if it relates to a Commission.
Edit or Expire a Promo Code
- Go to the Account screen of your designated Partner (or your own Account, if you’ve set yourself up as one)
- Click on the Partner tab
- If the Promotional Code you wish to edit has expired (set to Dormant), click Show Dormant Codes
- Click on the Code of the Promotional Code you wish to edit
- Make your desired edits: you can change the Disposition to Dormant to expire the Promotional Code (you can change this back to Active at a later date if you so wish)
- Click Save or Delete to permanently remove the Promotional Code
Article is closed for comments.