The Instructor Rates lets you specify a global set of default payment rules for your Instructors . This means that this will be the default template used to determine how much each Instructor should get paid. Exceptions and custom amounts can be made for each Instructor.
By using the Instructor Rates, you’ll be able to use Administrate to report on how much to pay Instructors for any given period of time and track whether they’ve been sent to payroll. This saves time by eliminating the creation of purchase orders for every Event or time you use an Instructor.
Instructor Rates are entered according to the Course , Region , Currency, Rate of pay, and how that rate is multiplied. These payment rules can be overridden by a custom amount per Instructor in the Instructor’s Contact screen .
In the Control Panel, navigate to the Instructor Rates setting, in the Events section. In each of the textbox fields for this part, you can start typing into them to quickly narrow down your available options to find what you want quickly.
- Click +Add
- Click on the Course textbox to browse and select your Course
- Click on the Region textbox to browse and select your Region
- Click on the Currency and select the currency the Instructor is to be paid in
- Enter the monetary amount the Instructor is to be paid for this Course
- Click on Per to select the multiplier for the rate. For example, if your Instructor is paid hourly, then you would select “Hour”. Please note that Sessions differ from Days, as there may be more than 1 Session in a day, depending on how you’ve set up your Event.
- Repeat steps 1-6 if you wish to add different rates
- Click Save once you’re satisfied with your Instructor Rates
Upon saving your Instructor Rates, you should apply them to your Instructors by using the Copy Defaults Tool . If you don’t apply them, then these Rates will not be recorded against the Instructors.
You can also go to the Instructor’s Contact screen to view, add, and edit Instructor rates which apply to that Instructor only.
In the Tools button, there is an option to Copy Defaults. This feature lets you copy the Instructor Rates specified on the Control Panel setting to a set of Instructors. The sets are:
|Copy to Specific Instructors||Useful for copying the rates to specific Instructors. You will be able to select which Instructors to copy the rates to after selecting this option.|
|Copy to All Instructors||Useful for applying all the rates to all the Instructors in one go|
|Copy to Instructors with no Rate Information||Useful for populating Instructors who have no rates applied to them, but other Instructors do.|