- Released between 14:00 and 14:30 UTC
‘Tis the season to release software updates, fa-la-la-la... On second thoughts, you really don’t want to hear us sing. Here’s our features, changes and fixes this week.
Oh, and last week we asked you, what’s the longest word in the dictionary? It’s Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis. Try saying that after a few Christmas sherries. Hic!
Features and Changes
- Bonjour, Namaste, Hola, こんにちは! We now speak 10 languages! At least our LMS (Learning Management System) does. We now support Hindi, Spanish, Japanese, Arabic, Russian, Chinese, German, Portuguese, French and English!
- API Enhancements:
Introducing new access to opportunities through the REST API! We have received a lot of requests to allow operations on sales opportunities through the API to facilitate more advanced workflows in websites offering training for sale.
It is important to note that the opportunities and a few other supporting entities have somewhat different behaviour, and are listed under API “2.5” to distinguish them. Look for details on version 2.5 functionality in the documentation.
Supported workflows from the API now include:
- Submitting opportunities with discounts
- Applying Tax for interest items
- Transitioning an opportunity from one step to another
- Submitting an opportunity with no contact record, or attaching it to an existing contact record
- Verifying reserved seats from interests on an event alongside the booked seats
- Adding form documents to opportunities
- Triggering an email with a form document attachment from an opportunity
- And more!
New version 2.5 endpoints available:
- Opportunities steps (note that triggers on transitions for creating registrations and invoices DO apply)
- Document templates
New version 2.0 read endpoints for supporting opportunities:
- Learning Tracks
- Source Type
Added field on version 2.0 Events endpoint:
- Delegates_reserved: Booked delegates and the event max for delegates were already available, but to properly save seats for those marked as reserved on interests, this field has now been made available.
- Compound Items that have a Linked Item under the ‘Children’ tab were appearing with a value when added to as an Interest onto a Sales Opportunity. We are now displaying the Linked Item as zero value.
- When generating certificates and trying to send it to self, or trying to send it delegates/trainer and bcc ‘me’, we were displaying the error ‘Invalid email address’. Now there is no error.
- We fixed a bug which was causing some Events which had 0 students to display as containing students.
- There was a bug relating to unnamed student/booking contacts which meant when you selected ‘No’ for ‘Use Booking Contact As Student’ and saved, the option was reverting back to ‘Yes’. This setting will now be respected.
- If you removed a mapped Item from a course, and later added an Event as an Interest on an Opportunity, the mapped item was still appearing on the invoice and Event pdf. We have now prevented this from happening.
- A bug that caused an incorrect revenue count value to appear on the ‘View Clients By Country’ screen has now been fixed.
- A bug that was causing an error when using the Locations filter on the Events Listing screen has now been resolved.
- A bug causing some information in the Delegates table to be displayed incorrectly (with missing information) has now been fixed.
- When running a report containing Event notes, the notes were appearing as html. Now they are in plain text.
- Finally, we resolved an issue where emails containing Unicode characters would cause the IMAP integration to fail.